2. Prime for perfection: Do you need to put anything on before foundation? Don't skip this step if you want to give your foundation true staying power. Foundation primer helps to create a smooth surface, blur imperfections, and help create a grippy layer for your foundation to stick to for hours and hours.
3. Settle on a formula: Foundation comes in many formulas, from powders and solid foundations to liquid formulas. While each formula has pros and cons, we're partial to liquid foundation. Liquid foundations like Prada Reveal Skin Optimizing Foundation are easy to apply and have flexible coverage to help create the perfect complexion for any look.
4. Choose the right tools: If you're wondering whether it is better to apply foundation with a brush or sponge, it depends on your preferred final look. While liquid foundations like Prada Reveal can be applied with a brush or a sponge, each tool will create a different final look. Foundation brushes like Prada Foundation Optimizing Brush don't absorb much foundation, making for an application with more coverage. Sponges like the Prada Blender help to create a more sheer look. If you want your foundation to have a dewy glow, consider wetting your sponge before applying your foundation.
5. Buff and dab—don't rub: Now that you've prepped, primed, and chosen a formula and tool, it's time to apply. Gently buff or dab your foundation brush or sponge onto your face for the most natural look rather than abrasively rubbing it in. This will allow the formula to enhance your complexion truly.
6. Don't be afraid to layer: The best part about our buildable medium coverage formula is that it's excellent for sheer everyday looks and full coverage night on-the-town looks. If it's more coverage you're after, buff on a second or third layer of foundation until you reach your desired coverage. Each layer will apply as smoothly as the last, without creasing or caking.
7. Complete your look. Once you've applied your flawless foundation, you've got your canvas for any makeup look. Play up your eyes with liner and shadow, enhance your cheekbones with contour, and give yourself a healthy glow with bronzer.
8. Set for perfection. Now that you have a flawless makeup look, you'll want to ensure it lasts all day. If you love a matte look, set your foundation with a setting powder to help keep oily at bay. If you're after a dewy look, set your look with a fine mist setting spray for a glowy finish that won't budge.